Parchment paper is your secret weapon for baking, roasting and so much more. Here, 5 reasons this under-the-radar heavy hitter might be the best kitchen tool you’ve never tried.
- You’ll get perfect cookies. Lining cookie sheets with parchment prevents your cookies from sticking or breaking apart, and cookies bake more evenly on parchment paper.
- You’ll save time. Making multiple batches? Prep the second batch on a sheet of parchment and when the first batch comes out, just slide the sheet of parchment with the baked cookies onto a cooling rack. Then slide the next prepped batch onto the same baking sheet and put it back in the oven.
- There’s no clean-up. One of the best things about parchment is that no clean-up is needed! Since you don't need to use any grease or spray, your pans stay clean. Just crumple and toss parchment paper when you're finished.
- It’s not just for cookies. Lining any baking sheet with parchment paper ensures that food will slide right off without sticking. It's a great way to roast vegetables and no added grease or spray is needed. It also saves valuable time on clean-up.
- It keeps cakes safe. Lining cake and bread pans helps keep your delicious dessert intact while pulling it out of the pan. Just line the pan, leaving a few inches of parchment on either side. When your dessert is done you can easily lift it out of the pan without it falling apart.