Have a seat at the fun table
If sitting still at a formal dinner isn't your kids' cup of tea, they need the kids' table -- full of activities and games to make the wait the best part of the day.
5 ways to make it the best seat in the house
- Who needs a table? Squirmy kids do better on the floor with a picnic blanket.
- After dinner (or even before -- loosen up!), give each kid a cookie and the stuff to decorate it like a turkey.
- Nobody can resist new crayons. Cover the table with paper and put a box of brand-new crayons at each place.
- Picky eaters? Set a super-simple menu scorecard at each place. Try a dish, get a sticker for the scorecard. (Competition may get someone to try the broccoli this year.)
- Cut unbaked Pillsbury breadsticks in half. Wrap dough into a circle, pinch closed and bake. Put some ranch dip on the table for dipping edible napkin-ring appetizers. (Hey, at least they'll TOUCH their napkins this way.)
Turkey strips and cranberry dipping sauce is just the beginning. Check out our kids' menu, and you may find yourself hovering over that table even when nobody needs help.
Get Kids' Menu
Football's not the only game today
Download our simple Thanksgiving games to keep the young-ins busy while they wait for dessert.