Delicious potato and eggs salad – filling dinner ready to refrigerate till served in just 25 minutes!
Toting the potato salad or other perishables to a picnic?
• Keep cold foods cold and minimize the time they spend out of the cooler at the picnic site.
• Pack the most perishable foods closest to the ice.
• If possible, pack the foods you will eat first on top, so you can work your way down during the meal.
• Store the cooler in a shady area at the picnic site. Boost insulation qualities by covering the cooler with a thick folded towel or blanket.
• Avoid unnecessary opening of the cooler by packing beverages in a separate cooler.
• Remove small quantities of food at a time and place the storage containers back in the cooler as soon as possible.
Scrub the potatoes thoroughly before boiling. When the cooked potatoes are cool enough to handle, it's easy to peel off just the thin outer skin and none of the flesh. However, peeling potatoes needn't be a precursor to making potato salad. If you use tender new red potatoes, you can leave the skins on for added vitamins and color.
© 2017 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved