Can you remember a time you weren’t excited to find piping hot cheesy bread waiting for you to dig into? Didn’t think so. Cheesy bread is one of those things you should “just know,” along with spaghetti, scrambled eggs, garlic toast and good ol’ PB + J.
This is why we were so excited when a friend of Pillsbury, blogger Lauren Hardy of Making Life Sweet sent us her spin on an old favorite. Easy, flavorful and definitely worth sharing. Thanks Lauren!
Lauren Hardy’s Cheesy French Breads with Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Makes 12 cheesy breads
2 Pillsbury Crusty French Loafs
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 can (14 oz.) of artichokes in water, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350˚F and grease 2 cookie sheets. Place the dough loaves seam side down on cookie sheets.
- Cut 4 or 5 half-inch deep diagonal slashes with a sharp knife on top of the dough.
- Bake 26-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 400˚ F. Cut the baguettes into thirds widthwise and then cut the smaller pieces in half lengthwise. Brush with the olive oil and set on cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic and sun-dried tomato pesto. Spread equal amounts on top of the bread and equally distribute the chopped artichoke hearts on top of the pesto.
- Top each with a handful of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 8 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
Do you have a cheesy bread recipe you love? Let us know in the comments!