Why is our Quick Microwaved Honeyed Applesauce the best applesauce recipe out there? Allow me to count the ways:
- It takes 20 minutes, start to finish. Because delayed gratification is overrated. You’re making a kitchen staple appear out of nowhere, after all. You shouldn’t have to wait.
- You only use one bowl. That’s the recipe dream, right? The apples, and all fall-flavored ingredients, cook together in the same bowl. You can even serve it out of that bowl if you plan to eat it right away.
- You make it in the microwave. That’s the other dream: No pots, no pans, no overheated kitchen, but all of the delicious smells and homemade flavor.
It’s really so simple. Here’s what you need:
- Microwaveable container with cover (bowl, casserole dish, etc.)
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 5 cups)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
Step 1: Dump all ingredients into your microwaveable container and stir until well combined.
For SMOOTH applesauce, puree with an immersion blender or process in food processor until smooth.
Serve warm, or refrigerate until cool. Store leftover applesauce tightly covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
This recipe is so quick and easy, the hardest part will be deciding how you want to enjoy it. Let us make a few suggestions!
- Serve warm on top of vanilla ice cream, and sprinkle with granola for a sweet fall treat.
- Make a batch of our favorite Apple-Cinnamon Muffins.
- Combine with cranberry sauce and serve with our incredibly easy Oven-Fried Pork Chops.