From pizza night to holiday cookie season, ready-to-bake dough always comes through. Here are six tips for getting quick, simple and oh-so-delicious results from this kitchen all-star.
- Always use chilled dough for best results.
- Prebake pizza and pie crust for crisper crusts and fully baked dough.
- Make sure your pie fillings and pizza toppings aren’t too wet. This could result in under-baked dough.
- For perfectly filled small bites every time, keep an eye on your filling-to-dough ratio. Too much filling in a “mini” will cause the dough to puff up and lose shape during baking.
- If you’ll be using dough as a topper or decoration for a pie or casserole, make sure your food is hot before adding dough.
- A beautiful dessert—like this Easy Grilled Strawberry Pie—is all in the details. When rolling out dough, keep an eye on thickness. Pressing dough too thin can make shaping difficult.