* To toast almonds, spread on foil-lined cookie sheet; bake at 375°F. for 4 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally. Or place almonds in small nonstick skillet; cook over medium-high heat until light golden brown, stirring frequently.
• If sogginess is a potential problem, pack the dressing separately from salad ingredients, Toss them together at the party just before serving.
• Write your name on a strip of masking tape and stick it to the bottom of your containers and dishes for easy identification and retrieval.
• Transport items in a large roasting pan with handles or a sturdy shopping bag.
• Place a dinner plate on top of a bowl or pie dish to create a sturdy, flat surface for stacking.
• Check with the party-giver about bringing serving dishes and utensils.