Curry powder is a blend of many spices and seeds, so its flavor varies from brand to brand. If you like it hot, look for "Madras" on the label.
* Two cups cooked instant wild or brown rice can be substituted for the canned rice.
• Keep creamy-based salads cold until serving time. For picnics, use a well-insulated cooler with plenty of ice.
• Wrap hot and cold foods separately for transporting.
• Don't leave creamy-based salads at room temperature for more than 2 hours. In very hot weather, put them away even sooner. Or sink the salad bowl into a larger container filled with crushed ice to keep it cold.
• Don't add fresh salad to a serving dish that's been sitting on the buffet for a while; instead, put out a whole new dish of the salad.
© 2016 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved