Apple Pie Recipes and Tips
Think this all-American classic is tricky? Think again.
Apple tops the favorite pie chart (hehehe) for a reason. It's a classic, and it's easier to make than you might think. Never baked a pie before? No problem. This is totally doable.
Three simple steps to apple pie:
- Mix it. Mix apple slices with sugar and cinnamon.
- Unroll it. Unroll a refrigerated pie crust into a pie pan and spoon the filling into the crust. Then unroll the other pie crust and top the pie. Press the two crusts together.
- Bake it. Honestly, that's it. Easy for even the first-time pie baker!
Foolproof Apple Pie Recipes
You can’t go wrong with these irresistibly easy apple pie recipes.
Start with the pie crust. Just unroll a refrigerated pie crust, and you're halfway there. You can top the pie with a caramel streusel topping or even a lattice crust. Trust us...it’s much easier than it looks!
Apple pie filling. It doesn't take much to make a classic apple pie:
- Six medium-sized apples (any kind you like–Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Braeburn and Gala are all great.)
- Some sugar and a little cinnamon
- Refrigerated pie crusts
Feel free to experiment! Check out different varieties of apples and a few recipes to find the combo of apples and spices you like best. Plus, you can customize your filling with all sorts of other fruits, nuts and seasonings.
Easiest apple pie recipes. Apple pie baking doesn’t need to take all day. If you’re short on time, try these super easy, quick and delicious recipes:
Try these apple pies with a twist:
Five easy tips to get you started:
- Soften the crust. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator to soften before you use it, as directed on the package.
- Don’t stretch it. Try not to stretch the pie crust when you put it in the pan.
- Use glass or dull-metal pans. Shiny pans keep refrigerated pie crusts from getting brown, and dark pans cause too much browning.
- Use the size pan called for in a recipe. Refrigerated pie crusts are designed for 8- or 9-inch pie pans and 10-inch tart pans.
- Make it simple. Check out our Six Steps to a Better Pie and Special Touches.