Pillsbury Back To School with Box Tops Sweepstakes
Online Entry Only
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER FEW WILL WIN.
Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55440.
Administrator: Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., 1105 SE 8th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55745.
- How to Enter: Online sweepstakes only. To enter, go to: http://www.pillsbury.com/Sweepstakes/Back-to-School-Sweepstakes and complete the sweepstakes entry form as directed online (an “Entry”). If you are not a current member of Pillsbury.com, you will be required to register before entering. Registration on the Pillsbury.com site is free. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 A.M. Central Time (“CT”) on August 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59 P.M. CT on September 13, 2012. You can earn one (1) additional Entry for each recipe that is added to your recipe box on the Pillsbury.com website, up to 200 additional Entries. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Limitation on Entries: Sweepstakes entry limited to 201 entries per person per email address. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be grounds to have the entrant disqualified and his/her entries void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by overnight, facsimile or any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same account, the authorized subscriber of the account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Telephone Service Provider (TSP) or any other provider or other organization responsible for assigning accounts.
- Entrant’s Eligibility: Only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District Of Columbia who are the age of majority in his/her state of residence and are registered members of Pillsbury.com. The entrant who is declared the Grand Prize winner must be a registered member of boxtops4education.com. If such entrant is not an existing boxtops4education.com member, he/she will be required to register and become a member and select a school that participates in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program prior to being awarded the Grand Prize. See www.boxtops4education.com or call 1-888-799-2444 to enroll or for more details about the BTFE Program. Employees of General Mills, and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization, and immediate families in the same household are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within and a legal resident of the United States.
- School Eligibility: Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program (the “BTFE Program”) for the 2012-2013 academic school year (“BTFE-Eligible School”) prior to your entry. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, see www.boxtops4education.com for more details about the BTFE Program or call 1-888-799-2444 to enroll. The BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice will receive the prize provided that it complies with the requirements set forth in the BTFE Program and these Official Rules. Each BTFE-Eligible School participating in the Box Tops for Education program may earn up to, but not more than, $20,000 cash per year (beginning on March 2 of every year) from the Clip program. There are no maximum annual earning limits for schools for eBoxTops credits or Bonus Box Tops. However, individual eBoxTops programs may have independent consumer earning limits based on transactions or activities.
- Drawing and Awarding of Prizes: Winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received online on or about September 14, 2012 to be conducted by an independent judging organization. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or postal mail. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days after notification, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If winner does not respond to the email or mailed notification within five (5) days, or if any winner is otherwise unwilling, unable or ineligible to receive a prize, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
- Qualification Of Winner: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the “Affidavit/Release”) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including, but not limited to, a W-9 tax form, within five (5) days from the date of Sponsor sending such documents to the Potential Winner or be subject to disqualification. The Potential Winner must be able to provide proof that the Potential Winner is eligible to be deemed an Official Winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction. If the documents are not returned within that time, or Potential Winner or Official Winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. A prize notification being returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification of such Entry.
- General Conditions: By submitting an Entry, each entrant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes which decisions are final and binding in all respects, (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, (iii) forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability, claims, demands, and cause of action from personal injury, loss or damage, including death, or property damage, theft, or loss suffered or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance or possession of a Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity; (iv) grant Sponsor (where permitted by law) the right to use their name, address (city and state only), and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation and, (v) warrant and represent that the use of the materials submitted in this Sweepstakes will not violate the rights of any third parties. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
- Prizes/Odds Of Winning:
Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,000.00. Grand Prize winner’s BTFE-Eligible School will receive 1,000 Bonus Box Tops. One (1) Bonus Box Top equals $.10 to a school participating in the BTFE Program. The BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice will receive the prize provided that it complies with the requirements set forth in the BTFE Program and these Official Rules.
First Prizes (50): Each First Prize winner will receive a Pillsbury Cookbook. Retail value of each Second Prize is $20.00 each.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Total value of all prizes is $3,500.00. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any taxes are the responsibility of the winner. If eligible winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. Limit one prize per person.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Sweepstakes entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Winners agree that (except where prohibited) Sponsor may use winner's name, picture, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Sponsor, its promotional and advertising agencies, and all respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by winners for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance or use of a prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor shall post a notice on the Website and may award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Sponsor and its promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's computer system or limit an entrant's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sweepstakes void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws.
CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Minnesota and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Minnesota and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner shall be resolved individually by binding arbitration in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act and the rules of the American Arbitration Association, without resort to any form of class action. Class Action Waiver: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby waive their right to participate in or act as led plaintiff in a class action. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their employees, directors, officers and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners' List: A list of winners will be posted after September 27, 2012 at http://www.pillsbury.com/Sweepstakes/Back-to-School-Rules.
Abbreviated Rule for On Pack
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR PRINT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. Open only to legal residents of the United States. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends 11:59 p.m. CT on 9/13/12. To enter, visit http://www.pillsbury.com/Sweepstakes/Back-to-School-Sweepstakes. Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure are available at http://www.pillsbury.com/Sweepstakes/Back-to-School-Rules. Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc.