Green beans are the sweetest of the 130+ types of snap beans. (No wonder we love them so much.)
Try ’em Fresh
The best fresh beans are the ones that are green, crisp and firm. Try them in fresh summer salads and crudités platters. It’s so simple:
- Boil beans for 4 to 6 minutes until crisp-tender (they’ll lose their color).
- Rinse with cold water to bring back the veggie’s bright color.
Or Cook ’em Up
Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without green bean casserole, but check out these new ideas for cooked green beans:
- Try them stir-fried or grilled.
- Add them to pasta or potato salad for a fresh kick.
- Flavor up simple steamed green beans with fresh herbs, toasted nuts, lemon juice or caramelized shallots.