Who knows if that’s true, but who cares? Apples are good! Fresh or cooked, try out some of our easy apple ideas for working this healthy fruit into your diet (every day).
Cold and Crisp
Crisp on the outside, sweet-tart on the inside. Fall means fresh apples. Here are a few fun apple ideas:
- Got kids? They’ll love apple slices with a dab of peanut butter. You won’t even have to sell them on this healthy snack.
- For you, try them served with firm, sharp cheeses and a glass of chilled white wine.
- Chop them up and add to a chicken sandwich.
- Toss in a salad with fresh spinach.
- For a healthier dessert, slice and drizzle with a little fat-free chocolate syrup.
Some Like It Hot
For soft, sweet and mellow apples, bake 'em. They’re the perfect fruit for pies, crisps, cakes and crumbles. For a quick and cozy treat, slow bake whole apples and sprinkle on a little cinnamon and walnuts. Top it off with some whipped cream. We've got tons of apple baking recipes, starting with the king of them all, apple pies (these are easier than you think!). No excuses. Get baking.