Do holidays in a big way with easy recipes and tips scaled down for you.
- Serve the meal in courses, restaurant-style. End with dessert served with coffee.
- Don’t skip having a few friends over on a holiday just because the house isn’t perfect. Grab a laundry basket and do a quick sweep of the dining room and living room, then go ahead and enjoy the day and your friendships!
- A rotisserie chicken from the supermarket makes a great holiday meal when you serve it on your best dishes.
- Make a quick latte to end the holiday meal. First, heat milk over the stove until steaming (not boiling). Use a wire whisk to froth the hot milk until tiny bubbles form, then add it to a cup filled halfway with strong freshly brewed coffee. Stir in a coffee syrup flavoring you like.
- Cook the holiday meal together to make it more fun. Have a glass of wine, do the prep work and cooking, then sit down and celebrate.
10 hot holiday recipes
From Valentine's Day dessert and Easter brunch to Thanksgiving dinner and New Year's Eve appetizers, we've got the recipes to make merry with scaled-down recipes.