Three easy steps to a chocolate pie:
- Bake it. Place a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust in a pie plate and bake as directed on the package for a one-crust pie shell.
- Fill it. Add your chocolate filling–lots of recipes below!
- Serve it. Chill and serve–really, that's it!
Start with the pie crust. Baking the pie shell for a chocolate pie couldn't be easier. Just follow the directions on a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust package. Want to make it even better? Add a layer of fudge to the crust.
Add the chocolate pie filling. The best chocolate pie fillings don’t have to be difficult. Check out these recipes for classic, fruity, light and fluffy, super easy or nutty chocolate pies. And don't forget the white chocolate pies.
Give your chocolate pies a twist. Try these out:
Top chocolate pie recipes:
Five simple tips to get you started:
- Soften it. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator to soften before you use it, as directed on the package.
- Don't stretch it. Try not to stretch the pie crust when you put it in the pan.
- Use glass or dull-metal pie pans. Shiny pans keep refrigerated crusts from getting brown, and dark pans cause too much browning.
- Use the size pan called for in a recipe. Refrigerated pie crusts are designed for 8- or 9-inch pie pans and 10-inch tart pans.
- Get some help. Check out our Six Steps to a Perfect Pie and Special Touches.